Tuesday 3 April 2007

Tomorrow is the big day.

Well here it comes tomorrow. The big day. It's the day that Robyn and I have been waiting for for months now. The day we go to work out if Robyn will have surgery again. (Not what you expected huh?)

We've been waiting for what seems like a life time for this next appointment, and yet it's here. So Robyn and I will be going to Nepean Hospital in Penrith (a bit of a hike), to wait for a while in a outpatients clinic for the big call.

This has been consuming my prayer life recently, and even as I type this post, I'm praying that the surgeon would have wisdom, and if Robyn is to have surgery again (this will be the third time on her back since she was 16) that it would happen relatively soon. I pray that she doesn't have to wait long. But I'm also praying that it would indeed work out. For all we know, things could go horribly wrong. Yet I know that we are in the hands of the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe, God. We know that he loves us, and no matter what we go through nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:31-39). I also know that this sovereign Lord of all, is working out all things for our good (Romans 8:28-29). It's hard to see that sometimes. And that is why I continually need the reminders of these great truths as I search and meditate on the Scriptures.

I don't know how Robyn and I would cope with all that we've gone through and continue to go through if we were not Christians? It is only by His grace, that we continue to move forward. By His grace to we depend on Him. His grace is indeed sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9).

May God continue to sustain us by his grace, knowing that his is working all things for our good, so that in everything He might receive the Glory.

No comments: