Saturday 28 April 2007

Oh what a feeling!

Tomorrow I'm preaching in my church - Northern Lakes Evangelical Church. I'm really looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm daunted as well!

What a privilege I have in being able to expound the word of God, to those at my church. But it is God's word that I'm expounding.

I've been feeling sometimes overwhelmed with inadequacy for the task, but them I remember who is? My words alone can't do anything! It is God's living active word which brings people from death to life. It's God's living and active word that builds Christ's Church! It's God's living and active word that cuts to the very heart and soul, exposing our sin!

Oh some friends have just arrived.

Going for a walk to the beach.

Bye!

3 comments:

Dave Miers said...

how did it go brother?
what passage?

hope you're well

Strummin' Ukestar said...

Hey Dave.
It went ok considering I had less than 4 hours sleep, and was also leading. Connan was on hols. But I got a really encouraging email this morning.

The passage was Mark 4:35-5:43. One huge passage! But thanks be to God he seemed to be at work!

How was the holiday?

Dave Miers said...

glad it went well under the circumstances!

our holiday was great... pics on my blog