Sunday 22 April 2007

Thinking on the Cross.

When I think upon the cross,
on which the king of glory died,
I weep the tears of sadness,
for all my selfish pride.

I, in my human nature,
rose up against the King,
I rebelled and rejected
the only blessed Him.

The meek and humble Christ,
upon himself did carry,
all my guilt and shame,
to make me part of his glorious Bride,
that to which he'll marry.

Others who may look
on this cross of Christ,
might think it as folly.
How can it indeed be right?

But through this glorious cross,
in the shedding of his blood,
did the great king of all,
indeed purchase us.

At great cost to himself,
was his will to save,
us mere human creatures,
we who are depraved.

He is our substitute,
this great and glorious king.
He is our propitiation,
turning wrath from me.

But now in this saving death,
is the victory given.
I'm taken from the grasp of Satan
and all his dodgy minions.

I fear no longer the fires of hell,
No eternal punishment for me.
I'm free to declare His praises,
and sing only of J. C.

I'm heaven bound,
that is for sure,
purchased by pure blood.
I'll sing his praise,
as one redeemed,
and tell of what He's done.

Think on the cross,
my fellow saints.
Think of the glories given.
Meditate on the crucified Christ,
and shriek not from Christian living.

Ben Waters April 2007



No comments: