Saturday 20 January 2007

Another blow - but oh, there is hope!

Well, if any of you are readers of Robyn's blog, you'd know by now that Padfoot died on Friday morning. It was a totally bad experience! I don't recommend it at all. It was really sad to see our little bundle of joy die. It was also really hard seeing my wife so heart broken. She really loved Padfoot. I mean, she really loved her. We spent most of the morning crying and mopping around the house. Padfoot was such a positive thing for Robyn, in the midst of her pain. But, such is life in this broken world.

It just makes me think, how I long for heaven. I long so much to be away from this body that is decaying, and suffering (nothing compared to Robyn). I hate tears! I don't like being down. But with all that said, I have great comfort in knowing that God is in Control. He is working toward his goal of bringing all things under the head of Christ (Ephesians 1). The problems of suffering are not inconsequential to God. No, he has actually done something about it in Jesus! That is a comfort. So the cross of Christ is the thing I look to most, when I go through suffering. I cling to the cross. Because there, and only there is there comfort for the wounded soul.

May God help Robyn and I to endure suffering, to persevere through it, knowing that we have one who has suffered much that we might have life eternal. We have the certain hope of heaven - to be with our Creator and Redeemer forever, in prefect relationship, with no more pain and suffering. No more tears.

May God speed up the coming of the Lord Jesus! Come Lord Jesus, Come!

1 comment:

Shadow Grace said...

I found this entry to be deeply heartfelt, and although sad it is very encouraging (brought a tear to my eye).