Tuesday 22 May 2007

I'm Gutted!

Hey.

As many of you know Robyn my wife is chronically ill, with a back lower back pain. We saw the surgeon recently and had a date confirmed for an operation. It was to be the 24th May 2007.

We went to the pre-admission clinic yesterday. It was a long process, but helpful. Robyn mentioned to me that it had finally sunk in, the operation was going to happen. It was also a long day. Nepean Hospital is quite a distance from the Central Coast.

However, today we got some news we didn't expect. I just returned from a positive meeting from Gorokan High School about the possibility of starting a lunchtime Christian Group. It was great! Praise God! But I returned to find a message on the answering machine. I had to call the surgeon's office. Robyn's op had been moved as of this morning to occur on the 14th of June. That's another 3 weeks away.

We'd got everything sorted. I worked out where I was going to stay, what I was going to do for work during that time. It was all planned. But that's all had to change.

Both of us are pretty gutted. Pretty down, because this has been a hard year for Robyn especially. And I hate seeing my wife, whom I love suffer like this. As her husband I wish I could just take it all away. I hate the fact that I can't fix this. It pains my heart to know that I can't do a thing, except continue to support and care for my wife.

I also struggle Christianly. And in these times, I need the constant reminder of God's goodness and love for me and Robyn. I need to know the peace God gives in knowing he is in control of all things. But it's hard. I mean, I cried today. I sat back and let the tears flow. It's hard.

So I need the truth of the word of God. I need to be reminded, so I'll continue to trust, even in the hard times. I need to continually cry out to God to help us, to strengthen us in Him, and to help us persevere, because I know that I can't do this on my own.

May God give us his peace. May he equip us to keep going, that we might be to the praise of his glory. May we always be growing in our trust and love of him, who has given us every spiritual blessing in Christ. Even in this hard time may he be our source of joy! Amen

4 comments:

Dave Miers said...

Praying for you both brother.

Romans 8:28 is an incredible promise. Keep being reminded of the good God that we serve.

Come Lord Jesus, come.

Anonymous said...

It is very hard to sit back and watch a loved ones suffering pain knowing there is nothing you can do for them ...
Hope all gets better for robyn,our prayers are with you both....

Unknown said...

Hey Ben!

It is Christina (from Food Tech @ UWS). I received your email at work. Wanted to let you know that I have added your blog to my reading list.

It is really frustrating that Robyn is being mucked around with her operation date. Will the revised date be at Nepean Hospital as well? I still live in Penrith so let me know if there is any assistance I give around that time.

Strummin' Ukestar said...

Hey audio brothers thanks for your prayers and encouraging words.

Also Big hello to Christina! Wow. Great to hear from you. We should try and catch up when I'm in Penrith!!!

Peace